Last Updated: September 13, 2016
Children’s Use of Atom Tickets’ Services
Our Services are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use Our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to Us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people We actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of Our Services are designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If We later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, We will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from Our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Services.
Information Atom Tickets Collects from Customers
In general, the Personal Information We collect enables Us to better provide Our Services to You and helps Us learn more about the use of Our Services. We collect Personal Information that You submit to Us voluntarily at registration, through special offers, and in the course of Your use of Our Services. To use certain features of the Services, We require You to create an “Account” by providing Your name, phone number, and a password. When You purchase Tickets or Concessions, We will collect all information necessary to process the transaction.
When You communicate with Us or otherwise interact with publicly available areas of Our Services, including posting comments, ratings, or reviews, We will collect and store any information that is contained in Your communications and/or comments. Any information You choose to provide when using the Services should reflect how much You want other Users to know about You. You can choose not to provide Us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Services You are able to use.
As You use the App, We may collect location-based information from You through Your mobile or other location-aware device. Certain of Our Services are location-specific and can provide helpful information based on where You are. If You tell Us where You are (i.e., by allowing Your mobile device to send Us Your location), We may use that information to provide You with location-based information. If You want to deactivate this feature, You can disable location services on Your mobile device, but We will not be able to provide those Services. Please contact Your carrier for more information.
Information Collected from You About Others
If You purchase Tickets for others or share Your plans with them, You can choose to provide and We collect the names, phone numbers and/or email addresses, and photographs of those people. We rely upon You to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow Us to access and upload such third party information. You or the third party may contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from Our database. As this is associated with You, We consider it to be Personal Information.
Information Collected through Social Networking Services
We may create interfaces that allow You to connect with social networking services (“SNS”), such as Facebook, through Our Services. We work with the SNS’s application protocol interface (better known as their developer API) in a way that allows You to authorize Us to access Your account on that SNS on Your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, You do not provide Us with Your user name or password to the SNS, but You will need to log-in to that SNS directly through Our Services. Once authorized by You, the SNS provides Us a token that allows the SNS to recognize Us when We ask, on Your behalf, for access to Your account information or to post information. For example, when You click “Connect” to grant Us access to Your Facebook account, We will import Your name and other information from Facebook and, as You use Our Services, We may periodically check for updates to such information. You can revoke Our access to any SNS at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within Your account settings on the applicable SNS.
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make Our Services more useful to You, Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from You, including Your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to Your computer when You use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for Your visit.
Log Files. As is true of most apps and websites, We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ use of the Services, gather demographic information about Our user base as a whole, and better tailor Our Services to Our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when You visit the Services again, it will recognize You and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information tailored to Your interests.
Mobile Device. We may collect information about the computer or device You use to access Our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, advertising device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access Your device’s image storage applications and contacts, with Your consent, to facilitate Your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how You can control Our access to these applications, please see “Your Choices” below.
Pixel Tags. In addition, We may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of online users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in apps and Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow Us to send e-mail messages and in-app advertisements in a format users can read, and they tell Us whether e-mails have been opened and in-app advertisements viewed to ensure that We are sending only messages that are of interest to Our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We may allow third-party advertisers or partners to use Pixel Tags on the App for the same reasons and in the same methods identified above. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to Our users’ Personal Information, nor do We provide enough information to third parties for them to do so.
How Atom Tickets Uses Information from Our Customers
We will use Your Personal Information to:
- Administer Your Account;
- Process and fulfill Your transactions;
- Provide You with Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features and content of the Services to You;
- Market Our products, offers, and services, and those of third parties, to You that We believe may be of interest to You, including through SMS, push notifications, and special offers in the App;
- Send updates, notices, announcements and additional information to You related to Our Services and those of third parties;
- Find and connect you with Your contacts, including to provide special offers from Us or third parties;
- Respond to Your requests, resolve disputes, and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Communicate with You about the Services.
We may also use Your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to You.
How Atom Tickets Discloses Information from Our Customers
- Loyalty Program Operators. We offer the ability for You to link Your Atom Tickets account with the loyalty rewards programs of certain companies offering loyalty reward programs. When You indicate that You'd like such a link to occur, We may share transaction information or other information (including Personal Information) pertaining to You with the applicable company. We may also share this information with Our Affiliates, as defined below.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When You use the Services, the Personal Information You provide will be shared with the third parties that You authorize to receive such information. To the extent You post Personal Information in comments in a publicly available area while using Our Services (e.g., ratings and reviews), it will be available to other users of the Services who may use it at their discretion. Please be thoughtful about the information or comments that You post.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share Your Personal Information with Our third party service providers that help Us provide Our Services to You, including Our payment processors.
With the exception of the examples above, the information We share with third parties is limited to Anonymous Information. We use the Anonymous Information We collect to analyze trends, administer and improve the Services, track users’ movements in the App, gather demographic information about Our user base as a whole, and better tailor Our Services (and those of third parties) to Our users’ and potential users’ needs. For example, some of the Log Files may be collected so that when You use the App again, it will recognize You and the information could then be used to make available information tailored to Your interests. We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
We may also share Anonymous Information with third party tracking services (“Tracking Services”) to help Us analyze how users use the Services. These Tracking Services collect only the advertising device identifier assigned to Your mobile device, rather than Your name or other personally identifiable information, and use it to collect information such as how often users open the App and what features they use in the App. We only use this information to improve Our Services and to better tailor Our offerings and Services (and those of third parties, such as movie studios) to You. We do not combine the information generated thereby with Your Personal Information and We do not associate You in any way with Your device identifier. The collection of this information does not enable these Tracking Services to personally identify or contact You.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Cookies. If You decide at any time that You no longer wish to accept cookies from Our Services for any of the purposes described above, then You can instruct Your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt You before accepting a cookie from the websites You visit. Consult Your browser’s technical information. If You do not accept cookies, however, You may not be able to use all of the Services or certain features of the Services. If You have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let Us know by contacting Us at email@example.com.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about Your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings or by opting out through the App. If You block the use of location information, You may not be able to use all of the Services or certain features of the Services.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in Your Account by contacting us. Certain information is necessary in order for Us to provide the Services; therefore, if You choose to delete such necessary information You may not be able to use the Services. If You choose to delete all of Your Personal Information, then Your account may become deactivated. Please remember, however, if We have already disclosed some of Your Personal Information to third parties, We cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom We have made those disclosures. In addition, publicly available information will not be deleted from Our Services.
- Do Not Track. At this time, We do not have a system to respond to Do Not Track (DNT) requests.
Treatment of Information Disclosed to Third Parties
Users Outside of the United States